Your TryBooking bank account can be locked to provide that extra confidence and security that your funds can only go to the nominated bank account.
If you have multiple people accessing your TryBooking account with your main administration password, you may wish to have your bank account locked. This provides you with the assurance that your bank account stays in place as you've set it, and removes any temptation for tampering with it.
It's a simple procedure, completed via your written instructions to our administration panel, following the below procedure.
On company letterhead, please request for your bank account to be locked. You must include the following details on this letter:
- The email login of your TryBooking account.
- The bank account details including Account Number and Name which should be found on the bank account screen, at the time of locking.
- Nominate a person/s who has the authority to unlock the bank account (We recommend that you nominate 2 or more people).
- The signatures of the individual/s who have authority to unlock the bank account.
- Add a statement at the end, that indicates “You understand that it's your responsibility to update this listing from time to time with us should the signatures change.”
Please sign and date your letter and forward it to TryBooking via firstname.lastname@example.org.