Make the TryBooking homepage yours by adding branding, styling, colours, text, images, maps, logos and page colours that reflect your business, company or event.
This article covers:
To save time and create cohesive branding for your events, you can set up homepage templates.
The homepage is the first page that your attendees will see when they click your event link or find your event in the TryBooking search.
By default, this page will appear with plain styling. You can customise this page using fonts, colours, images and videos.
You can change your homepage at any time. Your event does not have to be closed for changes to take place.
To edit your homepage:
- From the left menu, click Dashboard
- From the Manage events overview, click on your event name
- From the left menu, click on Homepage & images
This will load the homepage editor. The homepage editor has three tabs:
- Preview: see how your homepage will look on desktop, tablet or phone without switching devices. If you've used tags, the preview tool will replace these placeholders with your event's details
- Images: add images that will display in set locations, including background and search
- Design: edit the content on your event homepage
Tags are placeholders that will be replaced with your event's details on your homepage. Tags have a number of benefits:
- Saves time: enter your event's details once when creating an event. These details will pull through in your tags
- Updates instantly: any changes you make to your venue, session times etc will pull through automatically
- Makes cloning easier: if you choose to clone this event, you will not have to update your homepage
You can learn more about tags here.
Each tag pulls information from different areas of the portal. Change the information located in these portal areas, not in Homepage & images. These changes will also feed through to features like emails and tickets.
There are four kinds of images you can upload in the Images tab:
|Type||Description||Best fit dimensions||Maximum file size|
|Hero||A full-width banner that will appear at the top of your event page by default||890 pixels wide||400kb|
|Wallpaper||The background to your event page||3000 x 3000 pixels||2.5MB|
|Search||A thumbnail that will appear when users search for your event. Will also be used in the Event Listing Page||300 x 200 pixels||200kb|
|Extra||Up to three additional images you can upload to appear on your event's homepage||290 x 160 pixels||200kb|
The hero image will be used as your search image if a search image doesn't exist.
Adding images is simple. Click on the Image tab, determine the type of image you wish to you upload (Hero Image, Wallpaper etc), click browse and find your image, and then click upload.