Should you need to your customer to provide additional information based on their answer to a question you have asked in Custom Forms, you can achieve this through the use of a Sub-question.
For example, you may wish to ask if the attendee is a member of your organisation, if they respond to this question with a 'Yes' answer, you would then like the system to prompt them for their membership number.
This article covers:
Answer Types that allow for Sub-questions
The following Answer Types can have Sub-questions attached:
|A drop-down field where the ticket buyer can indicate the response of Yes or No|
|Allows you to create a drop-down field with your own unique values for the ticket buyer to select from|
Sub-questions are not available for the following Answer Types: Short text box, Long text box, Date, Checkbox, Phone and Email
How to set up a Sub-question
If you select the Answer Type of Yes/No or Dropdown you will automatically have access to setting up a Sub-question on your Custom Question.
To set up a question with a Sub-question:
To illustrate how this feature works, we will use the example of asking the attendee if they are a member, and if they select 'Yes' we want them to provide their membership number
- From the Dashboard, under Manage events overview, click on the name of your event
- From the left menu, under Additional Information, select Custom form (data collection)
- Click Add a Custom Question
- Complete all the fields
- Question: The question you are asking the ticket buyer. For this example, will would enter: Are you a ACH Member?
- Answer Type: Choose either Tes/No or Dropdown. For this example, we would select Yes/No
- Ask per ticket: Will ask the question for every ticket selected during booking. You will have the option to choose which ticket types this question will be asked for
Ask only once per booking: Will ask the question once for the overall booking regardless of what tickets are selected
In this example we would select 'Ask per Ticket'
- Mandatory: Indicate whether the field must be completed in order to proceed with the booking. In this example we would select it to be mandatory
- Enable Include sub-question
- Complete all the fields
- If the answer is: Relates to what they have selected as an answer in the initial question. In this example we are going to enter: Yes
- Question: Relates to the next question you want to ask based on the 'If the answer is' field. In this example we would enter: ACH Member number
- Answer Type: How you would the buyer to answer the question. In this example we would select Short text box
- Should you wish to ask an alternative question should the buyer's answer be different to the first Sub-question, you can click 'Ask another sub-question'. In this example, should we wish to ask if they would like to receive further information on the membership program should they have selected 'No' to the question 'Are you a ACH Member?' we would add another sub-question:
- Click Save or Save and Add Another
Below will demonstrate how this looks for the buyer during booking:
Reporting on Sub-questions
To access the data entered for sub-questions, you will need to use the Custom Report.
Article is closed for comments.