Should you have volunteers or casual staff that are required to sell tickets at the door, but not required to edit or setup events, you will have the ability to set them up with a username that only allows them to access Box Office areas.
This article covers:
What User Roles Can Access Box Office
Users with the following roles will automatically have access to the Box Office Point of Sale screen, allowing them to process sales via Box Office:
- Account Owner
- Power User
- Basic Access
User roles that can only access Box Office areas are:
- Box Office Manager: Provides access to the Point of Sale screen, the ability to process refunds for both cash and card sales, can access both the Box Office and Refunded Tickets reports
- Box Office: Provides access to the Point of Sale screen only
These user roles will not have access to the main account areas that allow for editing events, looking up or editing existing bookings, or viewing reports.
Box Office Users will log in to the Point of Sale screen via the Log In button in the top right of the TryBooking website. Once they have successfully entered in their username and password, they will be taken directly into the point of sale screen, where they can select the event they are selling to.
For a full list of user roles and their permissions please see: Team Members and their permissions
How to set up a Box Office user
To set up a Box Office User:
- From the Dashboard, click Team Members
- Click Invite a Team Member
- Enter a valid email for the Box Office User in the Email field. This will be their username for accessing the account. Should you wish to set up multiple users with the same role, click Add another email address
- In Role select office role that is suitable for the user i.e. Box office Manager or Box Office
- Click Invite
The added Team Member will be set an activation email to accept the invite. They will not be able to log in successfully until they have accepted the invite.