You are able to access more than one TryBooking account from the same username. This means you can be assigned different user roles on different accounts across organisations, and access them all through the one email and password.
This is only available for accounts that have been created in the same region. If you have accounts set up across AU, NZ and UK these you will need to login to the site specific to that region to access the related account.
Events can not be transferred from account to account. The accounts will remain independent of each other, so do be sure you select the correct account prior to event creation.
This article covers:
- Creating a new account on an existing username
- Logging in with a username connected to multiple accounts
- Switching between accounts when logged in
- Removing an account from your username
Creating a new account on an existing username
You may be involved with multiple organisations, or multiple departments within the one organisation. Creating a separate account for these groups assists with keeping the data and funds separate, as well as having the correct Account Settings applied to their respective events.
If you are creating an account on behalf of an organisation, do make sure you have their permission before your do so. They may have an existing account that they can add you as a Team Member on.
To create a new account on an existing username:
- Login to your existing account
- Click on your username in the top right corner
- Select Create new account
- Enter in the name for the new account
- Tick the Terms and Conditions check field
- Click Create Account
Once created, you will be directed to the Dashboard of the new account
Already have multiple accounts on separate usernames? You can link these accounts to the same username by simply updating one or more of the email addresses and passwords so they are all on the same email and password. See Update your username and password for instructions.
Logging in with a username connected to multiple accounts
If you are a Team Member on multiple accounts, when logging in you will be prompted to select which account you wish access.
To select the account you wish to access on log in:
- Select Log In in the top right corner of our website, or go to https://portal.trybooking.com/au/auth
- Enter in your username email address and password
- Click Log In
- You will be presented with a list of accounts that your username has access too
Click on the account you wish to access, and you will be directed to the Dashboard of that account
Unsure of which account you originally selected? The account name will display at the top of the blue side menu:
Switching between accounts
Should your username be linked to multiple accounts, you will be able to move between the accounts once you have logged in.
To switch between accounts you have access to:
- Click on your username in the top right corner of the account
- Select Switch Accounts on the dropdown menu
- You will be presented with a list of other accounts you have access to. Click on the account name you wish to access
You will be redirected to the dashboard of the account you clicked on. The account name will display at the top of the blue side menu.
Removing an account from your username
If you are no longer involved with the event/fundraising management of a particular organisation, you will be able to remove the account from your username.
Removing the account from your username will remove you access to the account. To get reinstated you will need to go through the Account Owner directly. It will be at their discretion should they permit you access once more.
This action is not possible for those with the role Account Owner. If you have the role of Account Owner you will need to assign a new or existing Team Member with the role of Account Owner, before you can do so. See: Changing the Account Owner
To remove an account from your username:
- Go to the Dashboard of the account you wish to remove from your username
- Select Account Settings on the side menu
- Under Remove Access, click Remove Access
- A security pop-up will appear. Enter your password, and click Remove Access
Once removed you will be logged out of the account immediately.
Don't see Remove Access? Should you see Account Status rather than Remove Access, you are the Account Owner. Proceeding with the prompts in Account Status will close the account completely. Once closed all Team Members will be removed, and you will no longer have access to the data on the account. Closed accounts can not be reinstated.