Allow staff and VIP's to access tickets themselves. You can limit their access to a special priced or complimentary ticket, whilst allowing them to purchase additional tickets at the full price in one transaction.
This option allows you to streamline your workload/processing and gives them the benefit of knowing their group/family are all covered and they will be seated together.
This is achieved by:
- Adding a new ticket type with a limit
- A promotion code that applies to this ticket type only
Adding a new ticket type:
- From the left menu, click Dashboard
- In the Manage Events overview, select your event
- From the left menu, go to Pricing Group (ticket prices), under Ticketing
- Click into the pricing group listed
- Click Add ticket type, name the ticket so it relates to the group that the promotion is for and set the Amount to be the same as your highest priced ticket
- Save and close
By setting the Amount to be the same as the highest priced ticket, there is no incentive for those who are not eligible for the discount to select this ticket option. It will also act as a safeguard should someone outside of the eligible group proceed with purchasing this ticket option.
Set a limit on ticket type:
- Click on the name of the ticket you have just added in
- Click on the Limits tab
- Using the Limit option drop-down menu, set the limit to per event
- Set the maximum number of tickets that can be purchased for a member of this "group"
- Click Save
Add in a promotion code:
- Scroll down to Promotions (Discounts)
- Click Add promotion
- Give the promotion code a unique name. This will appear on your reports
- Enter in the code that is to be used on checkout to apply the discount
- If you want to reduce your ticket price by a percentage, select Yes to Percentage. Select No to discount your ticket by a set dollar amount
- Set the Value to reflect your discount
- If your code is for 50% off, set the value to 50.00. If your code is for $20 off, set the value to 20.00
- Set Auto apply to No
- Set Inclusive to other promotion (discount)? to your preferred option. You only need to consider this option if you have more than 1 promotion code. By selecting this option it will allow the customer to receive both discounts when codes are entered.
- Click Save and Close
Apply the promotion code to the new ticket only:
- Click on the name of the promotion code you have just added
- Click on the tab Discount Code Setting
- Select and Remove all tickets apart from the new ticket added above
- Click Save
Article is closed for comments.