Add a donation option to any TryBooking event to encourage giving prior to your event. For those that maybe can't make your event or have the money now to give, it's a perfect way to raise additional funds for your great cause.
To accept donations, you should be registered with any applicable governing bodies.
If you add your ABN / VAT / GST Number and enable the tax invoice, you will then have a legal Tax Invoice with messaging that donations over $2 are tax deductible.
Enabling the donations
- From the left menu, click Dashboard
- From the Manage events overview, click on the event
- From the left menu, click on Donations under Additional Information
- Select Enable Donation
- Add your appeal message and logos.
- Set the Donation Method for the customer. You have the choice of either:
- Donor specified amount: a free text field that allows the customer to enter their own amount to donate
- List of donation amounts: allows you to create a drop-down list of donation amounts that the customer can select from
- Click Save and Close
The option to donate will then be presented to the customer during the booking process after a ticket is selected.
Allow those who can't attend the event to still make a donation
If you would like to provide the option for those who cannot attend to make a donation, you can do so without affecting the capacity of your event.
To set up:
- Enable the Donation feature as above
- From the left menu, click Pricing Group (ticket prices) under Ticketing
- Click Add Pricing Group
- Name this pricing group 'Donations Only', click Ok
- Under Ticket Price, click Add Ticket Type
- Enter the following details into the fields listed:
- Ticket Type: Make a Donation
- Description: Please enter 1 in the QTY field to proceed with making a donation
- Group Ticket: Not selected
- Amount: 0
- Status: Active
Once you have completed the setup, go through Preview Event or Make a Booking to ensure that your setup is correct.