In addition to selling tickets and taking registrations, TryBooking can be adapted to also sell merchandise items.
When creating your event, the ticket types will generally be your merchandise items. You may use a combination of ticket type and data fields if sizes are required or just ticket types. Consider this event as an example of selling merchandise.
For adding merchandise items to a seated event, please click here to learn more.
Below is a guide on how to set up a merchandise-only event on TryBooking. If you are wanting to sell merchandise alongside your ticketed event, please contact the TryBooking Support Team for assistance.
Steps to creating:
- From the dashboard, click on Create New Event. When asked for a venue, you can select a pickup location, indicate how to pick up that item or if it will be delivered say 1 week later. On Session Time, select a date/time towards the end of the period of order taking. You can adjust this to another more meaningful label such as Winter Season after your event has been created.
- Relabel your session time.
- Add in your data collection for sizes, colour and delivery options.
- Check if all your ticket types require all the data fields. You may need to turn off data on some ticket types (see restricting data to a specific ticket type).
- Decide if you need a ticket, if not, turn off the ticket from Event Publication, or customise a ticket style to represent a confirmation rather than a ticket.
- Decide if you need for the data collection to be placed on the ticket.
- Adjust your homepage and images.
- Add headers for sizing charts, merchandise pictures, how to measure for size, hyperlinks to samples or text as required.
- Add in your terms and conditions.
- Check your work as you go, via Make a Booking.
- Provide producers access if you need to others in your community for read access to the reports.
Check your work by using the make a booking and select more than 1 merchandise option to ensure your custom data collection is asking for what you need.