In addition to selling tickets and taking registrations, TryBooking can be adapted to also sell merchandise items.
There are multiple ways to set up selling merchandise alongside event tickets for entry, and the variables of your event tickets will determine how to set this up so that your event capacity is not affected.
For adding merchandise items to an event with allocated seating (eg. performance recordings, programs etc), please see our guide: Selling merchandise alongside a seated event
For adding merchandise items to a general admission style event, please get in contact with our Our Client Success Team. The setup will be dependant on your existing event setup, so they will be able to advise the best method for achieving this.
This article covers:
Setting up a merchandise-only event
Selling merchandise on TryBooking is achieved through the use of Ticket Types for each item you wish to sell. This setup is perfect for uniform orders, fundraising items, raffle tickets, etc.
An example of how this setup looks from the customer's point of view can be viewed via Merchandise Only (Demo)
To begin creating your merchandise event:
- Log in to your TryBooking account
- From the Dashboard, click Create an event
- Complete Step 1: Event Details, then click Next: Venue Details
- Complete Step 2: Venue Details. Entering venue details is mandatory. Consider entering the location of your organisation or pick up address if applicable.
- Click Next: Session Times
- In Session Date and Start Time fields, set the date and time to be when you would like to close your online registrations.
- In the Booking Start Date and Time fields, enter the date and time that you would like to commence taking registrations
- In the Booking End Date and Time fields, enter the date and time that you would like to stop taking registrations
- Click Next: Create Tickets
- Select Paid, and then Create Ticket to add your first item. Repeat for all items you wish to sell
- Click Next: Add Images
- Complete Step 5: Add Images should you wish to add images to your event at this stage
- Click Create Event, and then Event Dashboard
- From the left menu, click Sessions times, under Basic information
- Click the session time listed
- In the tab Options, tick the box Change from (session time) to: and enter in your new label for the session time eg. Team Uniform Orders
- Click Save
Collecting sizes for clothing items
Data Collection allows you to add in a field to collect the clothing size. With the field set at the Attendee level, it will ask the size for each item selected whilst giving you the option to apply it only those items that require a size to be selected for purchase.
To add in a field to collect the size:
- From the left menu, go to Data collection, under Additional information
- Under Attendee, select Yes to Collect Information
- Click the button Add field
- Complete all the fields
- Label: Size
- Mandatory: Yes
- Field type: Choose List of Values and enter each size you are offering one at a time to create your drop-down list
- Field name (optional): set a custom tag for the field that can be used in your own ticket styles. Must be in Upper Case with no spaces
- Click Save and close
Should you be selling items alongside your clothing items that don't require a size to be selected, you will have the option to remove the data collection field against those items
To remove the size field from items that do not require a size to be selected:
- From the left menu, click Pricing group (ticket prices), under Ticketing
- Click on the pricing group listed
- Click on the item you wish to remove the size field from
- Click on the Data collection tab
- Add or remove data fields
- Click Save
Other features to consider
Here are some other features that are commonly used for registration events:
- Turn off E-Tickets: The customer will be presented with receipt on purchase. This can be used for proof of purchase if required for collection.
- Terms and Conditions: Provide your own terms and conditions outlining any returns, refunds or exchange policies
- Follow Up Email: Provide your customers with information about how the items will be received/collected