You can customise your event to include your own set of terms and conditions so customers know exactly what they are agreeing to. These terms and conditions might include your policy on refunds or your right to refuse entry - it’s up to you what you choose to include.
This article covers:
- Adding in your own Terms & Conditions
- How the customer views Terms & Conditions
- Example Terms & Conditions
Adding in your own Terms & Conditions
Each event can have a different set of terms and conditions. Having clear terms and conditions can help reduce general enquiries around what changes to a booking are permitted, assist with transactions that have been disputed, and what is permitted at the event.
You may decide to keep yours short or provide a link to your website that states them in full.
To add in your own terms and condition:
- From the left menu, click Dashboard
- In the Manage events overview, click on the name of your event
- From the left menu, click Terms and conditions under Additional Information
- In the text field enter your terms and conditions for the event
- Click Save
You can updated your Terms and Conditions at anytime. However, changes will not apply to Ticket Buyers that purchased tickets prior to the change. The Ticket Buyer can only be bound to what they agreed to at the time of booking.
You may choose to add a “no refunds” policy to your terms and conditions (ie. if someone decides they no longer want to attend). However, if your event doesn't run as promoted (for example, it is cancelled), your patrons need to be offered an alternative - either a refund or the option to select another date. It is up to you to offer this in a timely manner, ideally at the point of cancellation or on the same day.
How the customer views Terms & Conditions
Customers will be able to review your terms and conditions during the booking process.
Accepting both TryBooking and the Event Organiser’s terms and conditions is a precondition of using our service.
Viewing Terms and Conditions at the time of booking
Should the Ticket Buyer click Event, a pop-up will display the terms and conditions you have entered into your event under the heading Event organiser terms and conditions.
Viewing the terms and conditions on the ticket
A copy of what the Ticket Buyer agreed to will also be present below the E-ticket issued.
Example Terms & Conditions
Should you like some guidance with what to include in your terms and conditions, the below example terms and conditions can be used as a basis for your policy. You are welcome to edit these and customise the information for your event.
Example terms and conditions:
- This ticket is proof of purchase of the above event and must be presented at the time of admission.
- This ticket is non-transferable and only one ticket is valid per ticket purchased.
- Tickets are not to be duplicated for the purpose of falsifying entry.
- Refunds are available at the discretion of the Event Organiser or Please choose carefully as there are no refunds.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry.
- This ticket may be valid as a tax invoice or receipt in the case of registrations or other event payments.
- This ticket has been created and managed using the TryBooking site and is also subject to the Terms and Conditions of TryBooking
- As the Event Organiser hosting this event, (name of the host) is solely responsible for all issues relating to the sale of tickets. If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact (name of the host) on (email or phone number).
- Proof of age or concession card may be requested.
- Latecomers will have to wait to be seated. There will be no refunds. Doors open (X) hours before the event.
- Tickets cannot be on-sold by any means at a price greater than the purchase price of the ticket. Scalped tickets may be cancelled, and the ticket holder denied entry.
- Any persons who are noisy, drunk, threatening or unruly will be asked to leave the premises.
- The event organiser has all rights to film, photo and video production of this event.
- If the event is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, a full refund will be issued to all patrons.
- This ticket entitles the patron to one coupon. Tickets can be exchanged for coupons at the box office on the day of the event.
- Any data collected for marketing purposes from this event will be strictly in accordance with the Privacy of Information Act.