Choosing a Seat allocation type for your event at the time of creation will make your event have allocated seating. This will present your customers with rows of seats in front of a stage, allowing them to choose their seat.
A Space allocation type will make your event is general admission, ensuring that there is no need for the customer to select a seat during booking.
If you find your event has been set up with allocated seating when you intended for it to be general admission, it is simple to correct.
If you had intended to set up your event with table seating, please see Setting up tabled events for further details on how to proceed.
Step 1: Add a new section with a Space allocation
To add in a new section:
- From the left menu, click Dashboard
- Under Manage events overview, click the name of your event
- From the left menu, click Sections, under Allocation
- Click Add New Section, then click Next
- Give the section a name eg. General Admission, then click Next
- Select Space for Allocation Type, and enter in the number of tickets you wish to sell in the Maximum Number of attendee field
- Click Create Section, then Finish
You will now have 2 sections in your event; your new section with the Space allocation, and your old section with the Seat allocation.
When creating your new section, do not select to copy setting from your existing section. This will give your section the Seat allocation when Space is required.
Step 2: Remove the section with the Seat allocation
To remove the Seat section:
- Select your section with the Seat allocation by placing a tick in the box
- Click Remove Section
If you have already taken bookings on your event, you will not be able to remove the section with the Seat allocation. It is recommended that you either Move those bookings over to the new section then remove the section, or change the Status of that section to Hidden.
If you do change the Status to Hidden, be sure to decrease your new section's capacity by the number of tickets booked. This will ensure that you don't oversell your event. See article Changing the capacity of a section.
With either of the above options, it is recommended that you make contact with those that have booked to inform them of the change. This will help avoid any disappointment or confusion from your customers.. The Email Buyers feature can be used to do so.
Please sign in to leave a comment.