Most users enjoy the simplicity of using TryBooking's payment processing. This ensures a seamless reconciliation of funds and the lowest fees possible.
Should you not wish for the funds raised to be stored within your TryBooking account, you have the option of linking your own Stripe Connect account.
If you proceed with connecting to your Stripe Connect account you will be responsible for:
- Any chargebacks and their associated fees
- Payment for any fees relating to Stripe
- Reconciliation of any fees deducted
By proceeding with this option you will be charged a reduced processing fee from TryBooking, however, you will also be subjected to Stripe's processing fee.
Whilst you will be able to pass-on TryBooking's processing fee directly to your customers, you will not be able to do so for Stripe's Processing fee. Stripe's processing fee will be charged to you directly from your Stripe Connect account.
When using Stripe Connect your customers will only be given the option to complete their payment by Credit or Debit card. They will not have the option of completing their payment via PayPal, Google Pay or Apple Pay.
You will still be able to utilise TryBooking's Refund and Void features. This will ensure that your customer is provided with clear messaging regarding their Refund, and your reports will reflect the refund (both in Stripe and TryBooking).
You will be required to have a sufficient balance within your Stripe Connect account in order to process the refund.
Should you process the refund directly from your Stripe Connect account, your reports and event will not reflect the refund and the customer will still be in possession of a valid ticket to your event.
Linking your Stripe Connect account
To set up Stripe Connect:
- You will need to set up a Stripe Connect account via https://stripe.com/
- Once your account is established on Stripe, please make contact with TryBooking. We will need to connect your TryBooking account to Stripe. Please note, if you make contact before you have your Stripe account ready, your ticket buyers will be shown messages to indicate they cannot purchase and bookings will not be taken. Therefore we recommend you do this before going live or swap within non-peak booking periods.
- From the left menu, click Dashboard
- From the left menu, click Banking, then click Connect to Stripe
- Select the field I will use an existing Stripe account
- Click Connect to Stripe
- You will be redirected to Stripe, where you will be prompted to sign in to your Stripe account
- Once you have signed in to your Stripe account, click Connect my Stripe Account
Should you have taken payments prior to connecting to your Stripe account, the funds for those bookings will remain in your TryBooking account until you action a Transfer request.