As the event organiser, it's important to process all refunds via TryBooking so that there is a clear audit trail on the payment and refunds being issued.
Gift certificates that have been refunded can no longer be used to purchase tickets to events.
This article covers:
Refunding gift certificates
Gift certificates can only be refunded should the full balance remain. If the gift certificate has been used it will not allow you to select the booking for refunding.
To refund a gift certificate:
- From the left menu, click Dashboard
- From the left menu, click Gift certificates then click Refund gift certificates
- Enter in the booking first name, last name or GC code, then click Search
- Tick the box next to the booking you wish to refund and click Refund. This opens up the booking in a pop-up window
- Add in the Reason for the refund. The reason for the refund will appear on the confirmation emailed to the customer once processed
- Process the refund by clicking OK
- It can take 5-10 business days for the funds to appear back on the customer's card
- Only the cost of the gift certificate will be refunded. The $0.50 ticket fee is not refunded and will be charged again if your patron needs to repurchase. This is stated in the TryBooking terms and conditions that the customer agrees to at the time of booking
- Once you have pressed OK you will not be able to cancel or reverse the refund process
- It is important to include your policy on refunds in your terms and conditions
Refunding tickets purchased using a gift certificate
The value of the refund will be applied back to the gift certificate used for the initial transaction, minus the non-refundable ticket fee. The customer will then be able to use the value to purchases to your other events.
Refunding tickets purchased using a gift certificate is actioned in the same way as tickets purchased using card payment.
To refund a ticket purchase:
- From the left menu, click Dashboard then under Booking click Refunds
- To find the booking you wish to refund, select the event name from the Event name drop-down list, enter the booking first name or last name, then click Search
- Tick the box next to the booking you wish to refund and click Next. This opens up the booking in a pop-up window where you can finalise the refund.
For all ticket refund options, please see Refunding and voiding bookings