TryBooking accepts payments via debit and credit card affiliated with Visa, Mastercard and American Express, along with payments made through PayPal.
Should the customer choose to pay with American Express, they will incur 1.1% surcharge.
Should the customer choose to pay via their PayPal account, they will incur a 0.5% surcharge.
You yourself can accept cash or cheque as payment, but you will need to complete a few extra steps to record these payments in TryBooking. This will ensure you gather data on all attendees, that you don't oversell your event, and allows you to present all payments in one report.
To record these bookings within your event you will need to create a promotion code. This will allow you to process the booking through the system at no cost.
To set up the promotion code:
- From the left menu, click Dashboard
- Under Manage events overview, click your event name
- From the left menu, click Pricing group (ticket prices) under Ticketing
- Click on the name of your pricing group
- Scroll down to Promotions (Discounts)
- Click Add promotion
- Name the promotion the payment method being taken eg. Cash Payments
- Add in a unique code
- Select Yes to Percentage
- Set the Value to 100.00
- Leave the optional date fields empty
- Leave Auto apply as No
- Tick the box so that Inclusive to other promotion (discount)? is applied
- Click Save and close
With your promotion code in place, you will be ready to record any offline bookings.
To record the booking:
- From the left menu, click Make a Booking
- With your event selected, click Book Now and select the required tickets
- Once at the Shopping Cart, enter in the above code created within the Gift/Promotion code field and press Apply. You will notice the ticket value will be discounted to $0, allowing to bypass entering payment details.
- Enter the customer's name and contact details
- Click Purchase