Most users enjoy the simplicity of using TryBooking's payment processing. This ensures a seamless reconciliation of funds and the lowest fees possible.
Should you not wish for the funds raised to be stored within your TryBooking account, you have the option of linking your own Stripe Connect account.
If you proceed with connecting to your Stripe Connect account you will be responsible for:
- Any chargebacks and their associated fees
- Payment for any fees relating to Stripe
- Reconciliation of any fees deducted
This article covers:
- Fees and payment options when using Stripe Connect
- How to link to your Stripe Connect account
- How to disconnect your Stripe Connect account
Fees and payment options when using Stripe Connect
By proceeding with this option you will be charged a reduced processing fee from TryBooking, however, you will also be subjected to Stripe's processing fee.
Whilst you will be able to pass-on TryBooking's processing fee directly to your customers, you will not be able to do so for Stripe's Processing fee. Stripe's processing fee will be charged to you directly from your Stripe Connect account.
When using Stripe Connect your customers will only be given the option to complete their payment by Credit or Debit card. They will not have the option of completing their payment via PayPal, Google Pay or Apple Pay.
You will still be able to utilise TryBooking's Refund and Void features. This will ensure that your customer is provided with clear messaging regarding their Refund, and your reports will reflect the refund (both in Stripe and TryBooking).
You will be required to have a sufficient balance within your Stripe Connect account in order to process the refund.
Should you process the refund directly from your Stripe Connect account, your reports and event will not reflect the refund and the customer will still be in possession of a valid ticket to your event.
Link your Stripe Connect account
It is recommended that you link to your Stripe Connect account before your event goes live. If you opt use the Stripe Connect payment gateway, you will not be able to accept bookings until the Stripe Connect onboarding process is complete or until you have successfully connected to your Stripe Connect account.
To link your Stripe Connect account to your TryBooking account:
- You will need to set up a Stripe Connect account via https://stripe.com/
- Once your account is established on Stripe, log in to your TryBooking US account
- From the left menu, click Banking, then click Payment Gateway
- Select Use your own Stripe payment gateway
- Click Connect to Stripe
- A pop-up will display to remind you that you will not be able to accept bookings until you have successfully connected to your Stripe connect account. Click OK proceed
- You will be redirected to Stripe, where you will be prompted to complete their onboarding
If you don't have a Stripe Connect account, you will be prompted to create a new account.
If you have multiple Stripe Connect accounts, you will be prompted to choose one you wish to connect to
- Once you have completed Stripe's onboarding process, you will be redirected but to the Payment Gateway page within your TryBooking account confirming the connection was successful
Should you have taken payments prior to connecting to your Stripe account, the funds for those bookings will remain in your TryBooking account unitl you action a Transfer request.
Disconnect your Stripe Connect account
Should you no longer wish to use Stripe Connect as a payment gateway, you will have the option to return to using the TryBooking payment gateway. This will not affect any of the bookings you have already taken via the Stripe payment gateway.
To disconnect your Stripe Connect account:
- From Dashboard, on the left menu, select Banking then click Payment Gateway
- Click Disconnect
- Select TryBooking payment Gateway
If you don't select TryBooking payment gateway after disconnecting, your event will not be able to accept any new bookings.
Please sign in to leave a comment.