Events with allocated seating have the ability to mark seats as reserved. Reserved seats will show as unavailable for customers, but as reserved for you when logged into your account.
This article covers:
How to mark seats as Reserved
We offer two Reserved Group options, allowing you to classify reserved seats for two separate groups of attendees eg. Staff vs VIPs. Whilst these seats are clearly distinguishable within your account, both reserved groups will simply show "unavailable" for customers when booking.
To reserve seats:
- From the left menu, click Dashboard
- Under Manage events overview, click on the name of your event
- From the left menu, click Seat/space under Allocation
- If you want to reserve the seats across all session times, leave the drop-down menu Session time as Master. Otherwise, use the drop-down to select a session
- Click Edit seating plan
- From the Mark seat as drop-down menu, select either Reserved group one or Reserved group two
- Click on the seats that you'd like to reserve
- Click Save
If you mark a seat as reserved by accident, you can switch the seat back to available by selecting Seat available from the Mark seat as drop-down menu and clicking on the seat.
Reserved seats are unique to the event itself. As such, Reserve Groups are not available in a Venue Templates nor will they be carried across on events that are cloned. They can only be set within the event itself.
How to book reserved seats
When logged into your account as the event organiser, you will be able to book seats that are marked as reserved. Your reserved seats will show as 'Unavailable' for your customers. Only those logged into your account will see these seats as reserved and have the ability to book
To Book Reserved Seats:
- Log in to your TryBooking Account
- Click on your event under the Manage Event Overview
- Click on Preview Event in the top right of your event dashboard
Click Make a Booking on the blue side menu
- After you have selected tickets for the booking, you will be presented with the seating plan and your reserved seats will display. Click on the reserved seats you wish to book
- Click Next, and proceed with completing the rest of your booking
How this same event would look for customers not logged into your account: