Measuring your event's popularity can be important. When your event has sold out, use a waitlist to collect names of people still looking for tickets or to gauge the level of interest in case you have the capacity to upgrade your location or add additional session times.
This article covers:
- Enabling a waitlist
- Editing a waitlist
- Notifying a waitlist when tickets become available
- Waitlist reporting
Enabling a waitlist
To enable a waitlist on your event:
- From the left menu, click Dashboard
- Under Manage events overview, click the name of your event
- From the left menu, click Waiting list, under Additional information
- From the Waiting list drop-down box, select Yes
- Click Save
Once enabled, when your event reaches capacity the Book Now button on your event will change to Waitlist. The customer will then be able to fill in the form to add themselves to the event's waitlist.
If you are logged in to TryBooking and visit your event homepage, you will not see the waitlist. To preview that this is working after your event has sold out, you will need to log out of your account or open the homepage up in an incognito window.
Editing a waitlist
To manually add people to your waitlist:
- In the Waiting list screen, click Add to waiting list
- Fill in the Waiting list entry pop up box with the person's details
- Click Save
Remove from waitlist
To remove someone from your waitlist:
- In the Waiting list screen, tick the box next to the name of the person you want to remove
- Click Remove from waiting list
Notifying waitlist when tickets become available
Should more tickets become available on your event, you will be able to notify those on your waitlist through the system via email.
Consider how many tickets/slots have become available, and how many tickets have been requested by the waitlist registrant before notifying.
To email people on your waitlist when spaces become available:
- In the Waiting list screen, tick the box next to the name of the person you want to notify
- Click Notify waiting list
An email will be sent to the person alerting them that space has become available and the 'Notified?' field will change from No to Yes.
When more tickets are released, they are not reserved for your waitlist. They will go on sale to the general public also. Should you wish to have these tickets only available to your waitlist, we would recommend that you Password Protect your event and notify them externally.
Reporting on Waitlist
Whilst you can view your waitlist at any time via the Manage Event Overview, you can also run the Waiting List report to extract this data.
To access this report:
- From the left menu, click Reports
- Under Availability reports, click the report Waiting list
- Select your event from the drop-down menu
- Click Generate report
Please sign in to leave a comment.