The TryBooking Box Office allows you to quickly and easily sell tickets at the door of your events. It is integrated with EFTPOS terminals to accept EFTPOS, debit and credit cards, and also allows you to accept cash. It is fully integrated with the TryBooking system, meaning that you won't oversell a particular section or ticket type, and you'll find all reporting in one place.
To access the TryBooking Box Office, log into the TryBooking portal and under Box Office in the menu, select Point of Sale.
The TryBooking Box Office is currently only available for beta customers in Australia. If you'd like to be apart of the beta test group, please send us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org to have this feature activated on your account.
This article will take you through:
- Equipment required
- Pairing the EFTPOS terminal
- Setting up Ticket Types for Box Office
- Selling tickets via Box Office
- Box Office reporting
- Box Office fees and charges
Equipment required for the TryBooking box office
Here is what you'll need to accept payments with TryBooking's Box Office:
- If you wish to take card payments, a Trybooking EFTPOS terminal is required. You will need 1 per computer/tablet you wish to use
- Access to power
- A strong WIFI connection
- A WIFI capable device (computer/tablet) - see system requirements here
EFTPOS terminals, tablets and printers can be hired directly from TryBooking. For equipment hire details please see get in contact with us via email@example.com.
Pair the EFTPOS terminal with your device
Once you have received your TryBooking EFTPOS terminal you will need to pair it with the device (computer/tablet) you wish to use for your Box Office. For instructions on how to pair the EFTPOS terminal with your device see: Pairing the Box Office with an EFTPOS terminal
Setting up Ticket Types for Box Office
In order to sell tickets on the Box Office, you first need to mark the ticket types available for sale on Box Office. Should no ticket types be marked for available in Box Office, your event will not display on the Box Office Point of Sale.
To mark your ticket type as available for Box Office:
- From the left menu, click Dashboard
- Under Manage events overview, click on the name of the event that you wish to sell tickets to on the box office
- From the left menu, click Pricing groups (ticket prices), under Ticketing
- Click the name of the pricing group listed
- Under Ticket Price, click on the ticket name you want to sell on the box office
- In the Available field select either Online And Box Office or Box Office Only
- Online and Box Office: The ticket will be available for sale and for online as well as on the Box Office
- Box Office Only: The ticket will only be available for sale via the Box Office. It will not be visible for online sales
- Repeat for any additional ticket types you wish to sell on the box office
This event and chosen ticket types will now be available for sale on the Box Office
The Available setting on a ticket allows you to charge different rates for sales through your Box Office vs online, whilst keeping the ticket options minimal and clear for your box office staff. Charging a slightly higher rate through your box office can help boost your online sales, taking pressure off box office queues.
Selling tickets via Box Office
With your ticket types set to be available in Box Office, you will be able to commence taking sales.
If you are accepting card payments you will also need to pair the TryBooking EFTPOS terminal with tablet or computer device before doing so. Please see Pairing the Box Office with an EFTPOS terminal for pairing instructions.
To process a sale:
- Log in to TryBooking as a Box Office User, OR
From your Dashboard, under the heading Box Office on the side menu, select Point of sale
- Under the name of the event you're selling tickets to, select the session time you wish to sell tickets for
- Select the required tickets for the sale, by pressing the green plus button to add tickets or red minus button to remove tickets.
If you're selling tickets to a general admission event, proceed to step 5
- If you're selling tickets to an allocated seating event, with the required tickets selected, click Select Seats below the Order summary
On the seating plan, select the desired seats for the booking. Scroll down and click Proceed to Purchase
- Select the payment method by clicking Cash or Card in the Order Summary
- If Cash was selected: Enter the cash amount you received in the Cash Received field and click Complete Booking. On the next screen, you will be told how much change to provide
- If Card is selected: Follow the prompts on the EFTPOS terminal to complete the payment
With the transaction successful, you will have the following options:
- Email the customer a copy of their ticket and receipt: Enter the customer's email address in the Email Tickets & Receipt field and click the blue arrow
- Print the tickets purchased: Click Print and follow the prompts. See: Printing tickets and Receipts for more information on setting up printing
- Start a new sale: Click New Sale
- View the last order: Click View Order and a summary of the last transaction will display
EFTPOS receipts will not be provided. Receipts can only be emailed or printed on a printer on completion of purchase.
Box Office reporting
All sales on the TryBooking Box Office flow through to your attendance and financial reports as usual, there are also a specific Box Office sales report that will allow you to view sales made only through the Box Office by date, event and/or user.
Box Office fees and charges
The TryBooking Box Office attracts the same low rate as online sales. For full details of our pricing, please see https://www.trybooking.com/pricing.
- Cash sales will incur the ticket fee, but no processing fee.
- Card payments will be subjected to both the ticket fee and the processing fee.
- You are able to choose whether you wish to absorb or pass all fees on to the customer. This can be a different structure to what you have set for your online sales. Please see: Passing on or absorbing fees