Events with allocated seating have the ability to reserve out seats.
We offer two Reserved Group options, allowing you to classify reserved seats for two separate groups of attendees eg. Staff vs VIPs. Whilst these seats are clearly distinguishable within your account, both reserved groups will simply show "unavailable" for customers when booking.
To reserve seats:
- From the left menu, click Dashboard
- Under Manage events overview, click on the name of your event
- From the left menu, click Seat/space under Allocation
- If you want to reserve the seats across all session times, leave the drop-down menu Session time as Master. Otherwise, use the drop-down to select a session
- Click Edit seating plan
- From the Mark seat as drop-down menu, select either Reserved group one or Reserved group two
- Click on the seats that you'd like to reserve
- Click Save
If you mark a seat as reserved by accident, you can switch the seat back to available by selecting Seat available from the Mark seat as drop-down menu and clicking on the seat.
Reserved seats are unique to the event itself. As such, Reserve Groups are not available in a Venue Templates nor will they be carried across on events that are cloned. They can only be set within the event itself.