The TryBooking website only accepts payments from credit cards.
You yourself can accept cash or cheque as payment, but you will need to complete a few extra steps to record these payments in TryBooking. This will ensure you gather data on all attendees, that you don't oversell your event, and allows you to present all payments in one report.
To set up cash or cheque payments:
- From the left menu, click Dashboard
- Under Manage events overview, click your event name
- From the left menu, click Pricing group (ticket prices) under Ticketing
- Click on the name of your pricing group
- Scroll down to Promotions (Discounts)
- Click Add promotion
- Name the promotion Cash
- Give the promotion code a unique name
- Select Yes to Percentage
- Set the Value to 100.00
- If you are only taking cash between certain dates, set the start and end dates
- Leave Auto apply as No
- Tick the box so that Inclusive to other promotion (discount)? is applied
- Click Save and close
Repeat for cheque if you are accepting cheque as payment.
Now, when guests are paying cash, they can still book through TryBooking by applying the cash promotional code at checkout.