Send emails to and communicate directly with those that have purchased to your event. You control the content and when the email is sent, making it perfect for communicating reminders, event changes, or important information before or after your event.
Bookings that have been voided or fully refunded will not receive the email sent via Email Buyers.
This article covers:
To email those that have booked to your event:
- From the left menu, click Dashboard
- In the Manage events overview, click on the name of your event
- From the left menu, click Email buyers, under Emails (Communication)
- Fill in the fields Name of Sender, Email of Sender and Subject. The BCC field is optional
- Name of Sender: Can reflect your organizsation name, event name, or the name of the person the email signed off on
- Email of Sender: Should your customer reply to the email that is sent, this address will be the recipient
- BCC: The email address that is entered in this field will receive a copy of the first email sent to your Ticket Buyer. Allows you to have a copy of what was sent on the date it was sent, as well as give you confirmation that the send took place.
- You will have the option to attach a copy of their tickets and/or receipt using the Attach Tickets and Attach Receipt/Tax Invoice fields
- Use the email editor to create your message
- Use the To Attendees drop-down to choose to send to All Sessions or just a specific Session Time
- Click Save
- Click Test to send a preview of the email to the main administrator account email
- When you are ready to send to your customers, click Send Now. Your email will immediately be sent to your ticket buyers
Use Tags to personalise your email. Instead of having to say "Hi there" or "Dear attendee", you can use the tag [FIRSTNAME] as a placeholder that will be filled with the recipient's details when you press send. Click here for a full list of tags available for buyer emails.
The email buyers tool will only send messages to the person who made the booking, using the email address they entered at the time of purchase. It is to be used to communicate with your customers directly about the event that they have purchased tickets to.
This feature is not intended for marketing or invitations purposes. Doing so may see you infringe on anti-spam laws.
If you want to email your attendees marketing materials using your own email system, you can download all of your customer email addresses using the export data report. It is important that you take into consideration the customers preference for Permission to Contact.