Refunds in full, partial or void a booking. It's up to you, the organiser to action refunds via TryBooking's refund screen.
Ticket purchasers will request refunds for a variety of reasons and these requests will be made by phone and email. It is important to have clear terms and conditions and ensure that refunds are completed promptly if they are required.
For more information on how ticket purchasers will request refunds consider our Ticket buyer page.
How to complete a refund:
As the event organiser, it's important to process all refunds via TryBooking so that there is a clear audit trail on the payment and refunds being issued.
As the event organiser, you will have the ability to process:
- Refund a booking in full
- Partially refunding a booking or ticket
- Voiding a ticket without providing a refund
If your event is free, consider allowing people to notify you that they can no longer attend by using TryBooking's hand back free tickets.
Tips to keep in mind when issuing refunds:
- To issue a refund, you must have enough credit in your TryBooking account to cover the refunds. We strongly suggest that you leave some funds in your account in case refunds are required.
- It can take 3-5 business days for the funds to appear back on the customer's card, just like a purchase.
- Only the cost of the tickets will be refunded. The booking fee is not refunded and will be charged again if your patron needs to repurchase. This is stated in our terms and conditions that the customer agrees to at the time of booking.
Once the refund has been processed, you will not be able to reverse the refund. Please make sure you have selected the correct booking and tickets before you confirm the refund.
Refund a booking in full
- From your account Dashboard, and under Bookings, select Refunds.
- You will now need to find the booking to refund. To do this select the event name from the drop down list, enter the first three letters of the last name, then click Search.
- With your booking search now complete, tick the box on the left hand side against the booking you wish to refund and click Next. This now opens up the booking in a new window so you can see the individual components.
- You will need to add in the 'reason for the refund'. Please note, that the reason for refunding will appear on the confirmation emailed, sent to the customer on completion of the refund process.
You will note that all of the tickets within the booking are automatically selected for refunding and voiding. If you wish to refund the whole booking and place the tickets back on sale, you will be able to complete the refund process by clicking OK. Please make sure that you double check that the booking details are correct before you hit OK. Once you have pressed OK you will not be able to cancel the refund process.
Partial refunds will allow you to refund one or some of the tickets within the one booking, as well as refund part of a ticket value.
If you wish to only refund one or a few of the tickets within the booking, you will need to make sure that you de-select the tickets that you do not wish to refund. This will mean that only the ticket you wish to refund will be selected.
Once you have double checked that the correct ticket/s are selected, check your total at the top of this screen too. Next, add your reason for the refund before clicking OK. Once you have pressed OK you will not be able to cancel the refund process.
If you wish to only refund a portion of a ticket(s) value, make sure you select the ticket to be refunded and edit the amount to be refunded back.
Voiding a ticket without providing a refund to the customer
Voiding a ticket will allow you to void or cancel the customers ticket, placing the ticket back on sale for repurchase, without providing a refund to the customer. You may have a no refund policy or the person may have cancelled too close to your event date so that it is not applicable for a refund. Voiding their ticket will ensure that they are removed from the various reports and that their place is then able to be offered to another person.
To do so simply go to the Refund link located on the Account Dashboard. Once you have located and selected the booking you wish to cancel, you will be able to bring up the booking details by clicking Next.
All tickets will be selected by default. Locate the ticket or tickets you wish to void.
By default, the amount to be refunded field will have the full value of the ticket. You will need to change this to zero if you are not issuing a refund of money. Prior to selecting OK or adding your reason, double check the top summary of your refund screen to ensure you have the correct items and value being refunded.
All of your reports will now be updated to show the refunds that have taken place. Those that have had the tickets voided will no longer show up on the reports that refer to those attending the event. Those that have been partially refunded and the ticket not voided will still show on these reports.
Who to contact for refunds.
Each event is created and managed by the event organiser. Before you contact them please consult the event organisers terms and conditions, which were outlined either on their website, the ticket or at the time of purchase.
If you have bought a ticket and can no longer attend, you will need to contact the event organiser directly to discuss if a refund is possible and outline your circumstances. If you don't know how to make contact with the event organiser, please go back to the homepage of the event you've booked to, or click the link in your confirmation email.
If the event has been cancelled, the event organiser is responsible for all refunds as outlined in the TryBooking Terms and Conditions. Please direct all communication and enquiries to them.