The Follow Up Email is an automated email sent to the customer immediately after completing their booking. You control the content, making it perfect for providing your customers with additional information about the event eg. what to bring, dress code, parking and travel guide to your venue, or even links to online meetings.
This email is optional and can be enabled per event. It is sent in addition to the system confirmation email that contains a summary of the customer's purchase, tickets and receipt. It does not replace the system confirmation email.
To set up and enable the Follow Up Email:
- From the left menu, click Dashboard
- In the Manage events overview, click on the name of your event
- From the left menu, click Follow up email, under Emails (Communication)
- Select Enable follow up email
- Fill in the fields Name of Sender, Email of Sender and Subject
- Name of Sender: Can reflect your organisation name, event name, or the name of the person the email signed off on
- Email of Sender: Should your customer reply to the email that is sent, this address will be the recipient
- You will have the option to attach a copy of their tickets and/or receipt using the Attach Tickets and Attach Receipt/Tax Invoice fields
- Use the email editor to create your message
- Click Save
- Click Test to send a preview of the email. It will be sent to the email address linked to your login
Use Tags to personalise your email. Instead of having to say "Hi there" or "Dear attendee", you can use the tag [FIRSTNAME] as a placeholder that will be filled with the recipient's details when you press send. Click here for a full list of tags available for buyer emails.