Recycle or cloning your TryBooking event is a way to quickly setup and use an existing event that is very similar.
At times you will run exactly the same event, same location, same price with the existing link already set to your website or social media pages. Many TryBooking events such as memberships, registrations and other events do not change over time so recycling your event will save you the setup time.
To decide whether to recycle your event or not, please consider these items. Click through on Make a Booking, reviewing your old event, looking at each screen prior to the shopping cart screen.
- If you didn't set up that event and you wish to make a number of changes, please DO NOT recycle this event.
- If the Data Collection fields aren't correct, it's best to create a new fresh event.
- If you need to update 2- 3 fields, i.e. front page, venue, tickets or data, it's faster to create a new fresh event.
- If you need to give another new group of organisers Producers Access who need a fresh set of reports, please do not recycle your event.
- If your event has multiple session times or allocated seating plan, please do not recycle.
How to Recycle your event.
- Please select from the dashboard your event. If you do not see your event, please remember it could be in the past or archived events tab.
- From Session times, please ADD a new session time and set your new event date, along with your new booking start and ending date/time.
- You will now have the old session time and a new session time (just added).
- Click on the old session time and change its Status from Active to Hidden. This ensures that the older date/time is hidden from public view at the time of booking, but still visible on your reporting menu.
Check your work.
It's critical to now check and review your work.
- To check, go to the Reports and run the Event Revenue Itemised report. Remember to pick up only this new session time. This report should say “no data to display”. If you see data, check you have only selected the one new session time, and then confirm that you added a new session time and not simply edited the existing session time.
- Now click on Make a Booking and move through until you reach the shopping cart, checking the content on each page is correct especially looking for dates, prices, etc.
The unique event URL for recycled events is the same as last time. Click here to learn how to find or confirm your unique event URL.
It's important that when running events you select from the session times drop down only the current time and not let it default to all session times.