TryBooking's "create an event" will step you through the questions to quickly create an event in minutes. Once created, you can continue to edit, style, add additional custom data, donations and images.
It's easy to get going and set up the basics of your event. Before you start, make sure you have the following information at hand:
- Name, description and contact person.
- Venue name and address.
- Date of your event.
- When you wish to open and close sales.
- Ticket prices and how many people you can take.
This is enough to get you started. You can add additional dates, terms and conditions, early bird rates, data collection, limits and reserve seats.
An event could be an allocated seated, general admission, class, workshop, conference, registration, membership, selling merchandise and even running a raffle or special draw. The possibilities are endless.
Let's get started by following these steps.
- Create an account and then log in. If you don't already have a TryBooking account, click on Create an Account.
- Before you commence, check you have all the basic details of your event on hand. If you need a seating plan (theatre style seating) and you intend to use the same venue again, it's preferable to set this up as a venue template - which must be completed prior to creating your event. If you're having trouble, contact us and we can guide you on creating a fresh plan.
- Click on Create an Event which will guide you through our process, asking for the basics of your event. You can modify, change or add to your event at any stage, once it is created. At the end of creating your event, you will receive a unique URL. Please use this unique URL on social media, websites, posters, emails, newsletters. It's preferable to provide people with your specific event details via a direct link, rather than referring people to TryBooking to search for your event. We have sample buttons that you can link to in order to increase the visibility of your events and communication which you can use to introduce TryBooking to your community.
- Great, your event is created and it's now time to add the finishing touches and the following items. Your event will be found on the dashboard, by selecting your event name.
- Homepage and Images
- Session Times
- Adding early bird/ group/capacities to tickets
- Promotional codes
- Data Collection
- Reserving Seats
- Adding Headers
- Providing Producers Access
- Adding Terms and Conditions
- Once you're finished, please click on Make a Booking to check your work. You only need to go as far as the shopping cart before exiting.
Well done, you're now ready to publish your event. Don't forget, get in contact if you still need help. Our support team are waiting to help and look forward to hearing from you if you need to.