This article will take you through how to refund and/or void box office sales. You must be an account owner in order to perform refunds on the box office, please see this article for more information on permissions.
If you wish to refund bookings that were taken online, please refer to the article on Refunding and voiding bookings. You will not be able to refund bookings that were paid for online, on the box office and vice versa.
To perform a refund for box office bookings, you'll first need to open the Box office on your computer. For more information on how to do this, refer to the article Selling tickets on the TryBooking box office.
Refunding cash sales
To refund box office sales that were originally paid for with cash:
- Click on the menu icon in the top left corner
- Click on the menu item Bookings
- Select the booking you wish to refund/void. If you can't find the booking in the list, click on the yellow filter icon to narrow your search
- On the Booking review page, click on Refund/void
- On the refund page update the following items
- Amount to be refunded: Next to the tickets you wish to refund, enter the amount you wish to refund per ticket. This could be $0.00 if you don’t wish to refund anything
- Void ticket: Check the void tick box if you also wish to void the ticket as well
- Reason for refund: Write a brief description as to why the refund was processed
- Then press REFUND
- Press COMPLETE REFUND in the popup to finalise the refund. Hand the refunded amount in cash back to the ticket buyer
Refunding card sales
To process refunds for box office bookings originally paid for with card:
- Firstly, ensure that your EFTPOS machine is paired with your Box office
- Repeat steps 1-5 above
- Press COMPLETE REFUND in the popup to finalise the refund. This will activate the EFTPOS terminal
- Follow the prompts the EFTPOS terminal, until the refund is approved