The following guide will help you with troubleshooting common issues with the Box Office EFTPOS terminal.
EFTPOS terminal troubleshooting guide
1. Turning the EFTPOS machine on and off
1. Plug the charging dock into power and place the terminal on the dock
1. Hold green ENTER button for two seconds
Remove the terminal from the charging dock and hold down the FUNC and CLEAR buttons together for two seconds
2. The screen says FDI BATCH PROCESSING, what does this mean?
Each day, the EFTPOS terminal must go through daily settlement, this could happen at any time so we suggest keeping the EFTPOS terminal on at all times to reduce the chances of it happening at the start of the day.
Wait a couple of minutes for settlement to finish and you will be able to process your first transaction
3. My laptop is saying that my EFTPOS terminal is unpaired
To fix this issue, you’ll need to re-pair.
- On your EFTPOS terminal press FUNC then 8880 then ENTER
- When you see the RESET PAIRING message. Press ENTER
- Press ENTER once more when you see the message PINPAD PAIRING
- On the Box Office, click on EFTPOS UNPAIRED and enter the 6 digit PAIRCODE
4. My EFTPOS terminal won’t pair
- Turn the EFTPOS terminal off and on again (see instructions above)
- Re-pair your EFTPOS terminal by connecting to the cloud and then re-pair
5. Pending payments
If there is a communication error between the box office and the EFTPOS terminal, payments can sometimes have the status of PENDING. This may happen if the WIFI drops out on your computer mid-sale.
What does this mean for you? Whilst the payment has either been declined or approved on the EFTPOS terminal, TryBooking is yet to register this updated status which means that your TryBooking balance will be incorrect.
Pending payments on the checkout
If there has been a communication error between TryBooking and the EFTPOS machine, you'll notice that a payment takes a really long time to go through. After 3 minutes or so, the payment screen will update and you'll see that the status of the payment is PENDING.
Press the CHECK STATUS button to update the status of the payment, this will then query the EFTPOS provider to check whether the payment was approved or declined. Your TryBooking balance will then be appropriately updated.
Checking the status of pending payments/refunds
If you aren't sure whether a payment went through or not, we suggest that you check on the BOOKINGS page within the portal, this will show any APPROVED or PENDING payments.
Again, you can check on the status of any PENDING payments by clicking on the booking and then pressing the CHECK STATUS button. This will then update to either APPROVED or DECLINED. If any transactions are declined, you will need to process the sale or refund again.
If you're still having trouble with pending payments, contact the TryBooking team who can update the status of these payments for you remotely.
Article is closed for comments.