Box Office is currently only available for beta customers in Australia. If you'd like to be a part of the beta test group, please send us an email via email@example.com to have this feature activated on your account.
To print tickets and receipts in the Box Office you will have the option to print to a thermal printer (for quick prints) or to a regular A4 printer.
This article covers:
Requirements for printing
Printing is only compatible when Box Office sales are processed using Chrome as a browser.
Point of Sale Devices
A full list of device requirements can be found via System requirements for Box Office. All devices listed will allow you to utilise the print options.
Should you be using an iPad as your point of sale device, you will need to use an printer that is airprint compatible.
Printer Settings for thermal printers
Should you be using your own thermal printers:
- Ensure the point of sale device has the correct printer driver installed for your printer
- Ensure the printer is set to be the default printer for the point of sale device
- In the Chrome Printer settings, under More Settings, unselect header and footer option
- You may have to adjust the Printing Preferences set for your printer from your point of sale device to ensure that it prints correctly. Below are the suggested settings:
- Paper Source = Top Bottom
- Feed and cut = Page[Feed, Cut]
If you are having difficulties printing the tickets in the correct format after making these changes you may need to consult your printer manual for further instructions.
Enable Printing for Box Office sales
To turn on printing in Box Office:
- From the Dashboard, on the left side menu select Box Office then Settings
- Click Printing
- Select the printer type that matches the printer you are using. If you are hiring a printer from TryBooking you will need to select Thermal printer - 80mm
- Indicate whether you wish to print Tickets and/or Receipts
- Click Save and Close
With your printer connected to your device, we would recommend you use the Test Print option to confirm that the tickets are printing correctly.
How to print tickets for Box Office sales
With your printer settings applied you will now be able to utilise the Print option when processing a successful transaction via Box Office.
To print tickets sold via the Box Office:
- Select the required tickets for the purchase
- Select the payment method, and follow the prompts
- Once the payment has been completed, click Print in the shopping cart
- Your browsers print preview will display, click Print
Be sure to have your printer set up to be the default printer for the device. This will avoid your box office staff from having to select the correct printer option in the print preview.
If you are using thermal printer, each ticket issued will include:
- Event name
- Venue name and address
- Session Time
- Ticket type
- Seat number (if allocated seating)
- A QR code of validation on the scanning app
*This ticket style can not be customised
If you are using a regular A4 printer, then the ticket will print exactly the same as your online sales. For further details, see: Ticket style design and customisation